MSc Professional Development: Consciousness, Spirituality and Transpersonal Psychology
Understanding the nature of consciousness has been described as the primary challenge facing us today. By combining the study of consciousness with recent developments in the psychology of spirituality, this MSc is distinctive in encouraging students to explore the further reaches of human experience. The MSc will appeal to those who share our vision that three core features are central to the study of consciousness and the human mind:
- Connectedness to a larger scale of being
- Recognition of the sacred
- Sense of quest - that some form of spiritual journey lies at the core of human experience.
The paradigm shift underpinning this course has had significant impact in professional arenas, with increasing recognition of spiritual values in the workplace, the role of transformational leadership, and the importance of transpersonal experience in working towards realisation of our potential.
The MSc course in Professional Development: Consciousness, Spirituality and Transpersonal Psychology is a collaborative project between the International Transpersonal Association, the Professional Development Foundation and the Scientific and Medical Network. The MSc is validated by Middlesex University, UK.
The course is directed by Professor Les Lancaster, and provides an intellectually-challenging programme of study focusing on issues including:
- The nature of consciousness and its relation to the brain
- The psychology of self and higher states of being
- Creativity and transformation
- Psychological aspects of spiritual and mystical practices
- Transpersonal approaches to therapy
- The dialogue between science and mysticism
In addition to a rigorous curriculum, the course is distinctive in valuing experiential approaches to learning and encouraging students to integrate insights from the course into their own life journeys.
For further information go to: www.aleftrust.org
The Scientific and Medical Network: www.scimednet.org
Please click here to read our full brochure
For application, please email the Course Director Professor Les Lancaster: firstname.lastname@example.org