Institute of Leadership and Management - ILM
ILM Endorsed Award in Professional Development (negotiated title)
This is a course aimed at managers and practitioners within practice enabling them to apply principles and models of professional development to enhance their own work and contribute more effectively to their organisation. The student will select an appropriate focus for development within their professional work and will be able to identify and reflectively describe their learning in that area and its application within the specified area of practice. Core modules in personal and professional development will be offered together with optional specialisms applicable to their practice.
- Module 1 Professional Development (core)
- Module 2 Personal Development (core)
- Module 3 Coaching (optional)
- Module 4 Management in specialist settings (optional)
- Module 5 Leadership in specialist settings (optional)
- Module 6 Development/Supervision in specialist settings (optional)
- Module 7 Building a model of practice (optional)
- Module 8 Specialism by Context (this is designed client by client)
- Module 9 Physiology of Peak Performance (optional)
- Module 10 Neuroscience of Leadership (optional)
Students can take single modules and receive credit for that, to gain the full award they must take two core and two optional modules.
Each module is 50 hours (training face to face, online, reading, practice, preparation of a learning portfolio and assessment). It is offered at equivalent to level 5.